Perform observation and testing of structural steel, including visual inspection, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle testing methods. Assignments are typically for local public works agencies, commercial/industrial, energy or construction contractors. The inspector must have significant knowledge of the American Welding Society (AWS) codes and experience in a similar position.
- Current AWS D1.1 CWI and NDT Level II in Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely (in and out of town) from the established CME office in Reno, NV.
- Detail-oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager and clients.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Team player willing to work with clients and CME staff.
- MUST have current AWS CWI Certification.
- MUST be able to pass a drug test and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Current ICC Structural Steel Certification is desired.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience performing inspections to AWS D1.1 and D1.5 codes.
- Background in handling Structural Steel / Bridge Fabrication inspections – Minimum of 2 years experience, greater than 5 years preferred.
- Current ICC certifications in other disciplines preferred.
- Current ACI and/or NAQTC certifications preferred
- Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete and steel is beneficial.
- Knowledge and use of iPads, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: QA – Quality Control, Installation – Maint – Repair, Skilled Labor – Trades
Education: High School
Experience: Minimum of 2 years, greater than 5 years preferred
Manages Others: No
Industry Environmental: Construction, Industrial
Required Travel: Up to 10%
|Job Category||Senior Certified Welding Inspector|