Job Description:Both laboratory and field materials testing of soils, concrete, asphalt, etc. on public & private projects in northern Nevada. Flexible hours, night shifts possible for certain construction activities (especially during the summer). If currently a student, part-time during school (very flexible), full-time during breaks/summer.
Job Requirements:Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test Good attitude, work ethic, and communication skills Ability to work remotely (in and out of the office) from the established CME office in Reno, NV
Preferred Skills:Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete, and steel Current ACI and/or NAQTC certifications preferred Knowledge and use of iPads, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat
Job Snapshot:Employment type: Full-Time/Part-Time Education: High School Experience: Minimum 1 year Manages Others: No Required Travel: Up to 10%
|Job Category||Materials Testing Technician, Project Inspector|
Job Description:Supervise and schedule daily laboratory testing operations of soils, concrete, asphalt, masonry, steel, etc. on public & private projects in northern Nevada. Mentor and train lab staff on the correct test procedures and use of lab equipment. Manage and maintain annual laboratory accreditation and lab technician certification programs.
Job Requirements:Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a drug test 5+ years management/supervisory experience Client relations and interaction Daily lab report preparation/review Preparation and review of laboratory invoices Good attitude, work ethic, and communication skills Ability to work remotely (in and out of the office) from the established CME office in Reno, NV
Preferred Skills:Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete, masonry, and steel AASHTO/CCRL Accreditation experience APNGA Regulatory Experience Effective data and document control Attention to detail Ability to recognize and support multiple project functions Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong problem solving, training, and mentoring abilities Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and Geosystems
Job Snapshot:Employment type: Full-Time Education: High School Experience: Minimum 5 years Manages Others: Yes Required Travel: Minimal
|Job Category||Laboratory Manager|
Job Description: Perform observation and testing of structural steel, including visual inspection, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle testing methods. Assignments are typically for local public works agencies, commercial/industrial, energy or construction contractors. The inspector must have significant knowledge of the American Welding Society (AWS) codes and experience in a similar position. Job Requirements:
- Current AWS D1.1 CWI and NDT Level II in Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely (in and out of town) from the established CME office in Reno, NV.
- Detail-oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager and clients.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Team player willing to work with clients and CME staff.
- MUST have current AWS CWI Certification.
- MUST be able to pass a drug test and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Current ICC Structural Steel Certification is desired.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience performing inspections to AWS D1.1 and D1.5 codes.
- Background in handling Structural Steel / Bridge Fabrication inspections - Minimum of 2 years experience, greater than 5 years preferred.
- Current ICC certifications in other disciplines preferred.
- Current ACI and/or NAQTC certifications preferred
- Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete and steel is beneficial.
- Knowledge and use of iPads, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat
|Job Category||Senior Certified Welding Inspector|