We are CME
At CME, people come first. Our people make the difference and we embrace teamwork. We trust each other and work together to provide value and results for our clients. Our foundational principles of integrity, client service, and quality work have propelled CME’s growth from a small consulting partnership to a multidisciplinary team of 50 professionals.
Our office is full of engaged employees who value and encourage a healthy workplace. At CME, we support employee health to promote a productive lifestyle both at work and at home. The competitive spirit that lives in every member of the CME team ensures that we consistently deliver our best results with high-quality technical expertise. We have tremendous pride in our standard of providing innovative solutions and proactive communication on every project.
With our team, you will be challenged, inspired and rewarded for hard work. CME employs engineers, inspectors, technicians, and experts who are an integral part of delivering excellence to our clients.
If you are interested in being part of our team, then contact us today!
Job Description:Both laboratory and field materials testing of soils, concrete, asphalt, etc. on public & private projects in northern Nevada. Flexible hours, night shifts possible for certain construction activities (especially during the summer). If currently a student, part-time during school (very flexible), full-time during breaks/summer.
Job Requirements:Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test Good attitude, work ethic, and communication skills Ability to work remotely (in and out of the office) from the established CME office in Reno, NV
Preferred Skills:Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete, and steel Current ACI and/or NAQTC certifications preferred Knowledge and use of iPads, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat
Job Snapshot:Employment type: Full-Time/Part-Time Education: High School Experience: Minimum 1 year Manages Others: No Required Travel: Up to 10%
|Job Category||Materials Testing Technician, Project Inspector|
Job Description:Supervise and schedule daily laboratory testing operations of soils, concrete, asphalt, masonry, steel, etc. on public & private projects in northern Nevada. Mentor and train lab staff on the correct test procedures and use of lab equipment. Manage and maintain annual laboratory accreditation and lab technician certification programs.
Job Requirements:Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a drug test 5+ years management/supervisory experience Client relations and interaction Daily lab report preparation/review Preparation and review of laboratory invoices Good attitude, work ethic, and communication skills Ability to work remotely (in and out of the office) from the established CME office in Reno, NV
Preferred Skills:Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete, masonry, and steel AASHTO/CCRL Accreditation experience APNGA Regulatory Experience Effective data and document control Attention to detail Ability to recognize and support multiple project functions Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong problem solving, training, and mentoring abilities Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and Geosystems
Job Snapshot:Employment type: Full-Time Education: High School Experience: Minimum 5 years Manages Others: Yes Required Travel: Minimal
|Job Category||Laboratory Manager|
- Current AWS D1.1 CWI and NDT Level II in Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely (in and out of town) from the established CME office in Reno, NV.
- Detail-oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to the Project Manager and clients.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Team player willing to work with clients and CME staff.
- MUST have current AWS CWI Certification.
- MUST be able to pass a drug test and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Current ICC Structural Steel Certification is desired.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience performing inspections to AWS D1.1 and D1.5 codes.
- Background in handling Structural Steel / Bridge Fabrication inspections – Minimum of 2 years experience, greater than 5 years preferred.
- Current ICC certifications in other disciplines preferred.
- Current ACI and/or NAQTC certifications preferred
- Experience with lab/field testing of soil, asphalt, concrete and steel is beneficial.
- Knowledge and use of iPads, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat
|Job Category||Senior Certified Welding Inspector|